Brit mum jailed in Dubai for drinking single glass of wine on Emirates plane feared she’d be raped after being told guards were sex attackers – as she pleads to come home

A BRITISH mum locked up in Dubai with her daughter feared she would be raped in the detention centre where she was held for three days.

Ellie Holman, 44, from Sevenoaks, Kent, was arrested by immigration officials after her eight hour flight touched down at Dubai International Airport.

The dentist claims she was thrown in a “baking hot and foul smelling” airport detention centre with her four-year-old daughter Bibi.

There she says she heard accounts from other inmates of being raped by guards and tried to keep her daughter out of sight.

She faces spending up to a year in the strict Arab state while she waits for her case to be settled.

Meanwhile her daughter has returned to the UK with her husband Gary.

“I just want to go home. I miss my friends and I miss my family, especially my Bibi,” the mum-of-three told the MailOnline.

“Being in prison terrified me as a grownup, I can’t imagine how this must have affected her. I just want to be home and safe with Gary and all my children.

“My family in England have it tough too, not knowing if I will end up in prison. I am taking this one moment at a time, anything more than that I am in tears.”

Dr Holman’s nightmare began on July 13 when an official informed her that her visa had expired and she’d have to return to London immediately.

But the thought of getting back on the long-haul flight with her young daughter was “unthinkable” and she got in a tense standoff with the officer.

She said he then began to quiz her over whether she had been drinking.

Dr Holman, who is originally from Sweden, said: “Yes, I had a glass of wine on the flight. Given to me free by Emirates Airline staff.”

The official informed Dr Holman that possession of alcohol is a crime in the UAE, even if it is inside a person’s body.

Dr Holman then began filming him for evidence she was swarmed by armed police.

The frightened pair were then led to an airport cell and had their phones and passports confiscated before being taken to a police station.

He told Dr Holman to come with him and for two hours she and her daughter were left alone in the cell.

Read full originally published story on The Sun